Thursday, December 22, 2011

UNH faculty honored as winter break begins

Check it out: UNH science faculty were recognized as being among the best researchers in the US!  It's especially nice to see the part at the bottom about how Dr. Serita Frey had the highest-cited paper.  Serita is also a fabulous professor (I took Soil Ecology with her this past semester) and I'm hoping to work with her during my future research here at UNH... It seems I'll be learning from the best!

As winter break begins, I want to take a moment to wish everyone a happy holiday.  I'll be celebrating Chanukah, Solstice, and Christmas (in that order) this year, so I have most of my seasonally-festive bases covered.  Otherwise, if you need to find me over break, look no further than my computer where I'll be reading as much as I can and working on my experiment (see my last post).  I'll also sink my teeth into Joshua Schimel's book, Writing Science: How to Write Papers that Get Cited and Proposals That Get Funded, which my advisor just gave me; it looks quite well-written (one should hope so!) and I'm looking forward to perusing its words of wisdom.

Oh, and did I mention I'm heading to Puerto Rico for a quick vacation?  This winter break is going to be epic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment